What we do
Being in the wastewater industry, you need to have a sense of humour about your work. Give us your best one-liner about what we do and we’ll give you some of the funniest we’ve heard. While treatment of your wastewater isn’t exactly “top of mind” for most people, it doesn’t diminish the importance of a well-designed system. There’s nothing funny about backed-up sewage during a family dinner, pollution of our water resources or replacement of prematurely failed systems. We’re here to help make sure you’ve taken the proper steps to minimize the risk of these misfortunes happening to you.
FlowSpec Engineering provides engineering design services related to onsite wastewater treatment systems for residential, commercial and institution projects, which fall under the mandates of the Ontario Building Code (local municipal or health unit approval) and Ontario Water Resources Act (Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change approval).
- design of onsite wastewater treatment systems, with construction-ready drawings for regulators and contractors;
- general engineering consultation related to onsite wastewater treatment systems.
- functional performance assessment of existing septic systems on larger occupancies (required as a result of Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change inspections);
- hydrogeological impact assessment of existing and proposed onsite wastewater treatment systems on water resources (i.e., groundwater and surface water) in accordance with Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change guidelines;
- request-for-proposal for selection of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology on larger or more complex projects;
- request-for-tender for selection of a contractor on larger or more complex projects;
- construction review and reporting to evaluate general conformity to the design;
- percolation time assessment of client-delivered soil samples for design by others; and
- exploration of soil/groundwater conditions and percolation time assessment for design by others;